top of page
  • Writer's pictureInsure More @

Is storm damage covered by insurance?

Updated: Mar 24, 2021

With heavy rain expected in the Forster region and NSW coast over the next few days it is time to review your home insurance.

To be protected from storm damage you need to make sure you have a home and contents insurance in place and that it is renewed and up to date.

You cannot wait till the last minute to take out a home insurance policy as the storm approaches to protect a home you live in or a holiday home property.

If it is a severe storm forecast, insurers may place an embargo and not offer insurance for several days for new policies, this also happens with bushfires and cyclones. Do not get caught out and find that you cannot get insurance as the storm approaches.

If you have your insurance in place well before a storm approaches, then as long as you have maintained your property in good order you will be covered for most types of storm damage, such as wind, rain, hail & lightning.

Coverage varies between insurers so its important to read your policy wording. That is where we can help as Insurance Brokers, we can help explain what the differences are between the types of insurance and help you choose a cover that protects you.

If the worst happens and you need to lodge an insurance claim, we are there to help you too.

However, please do not rely on your insurance as a first line of defence. It is important to take precautions to protect your property such as clearing gutters, removing blockage and debris. Listen to the local SES warnings and follow their recommendations as well.

We are located in the Forster NSW region but provide insurance Australia wide. If you need insurance and would like a free quote call on 02 6555 5022 or visit our website here

Recent Posts

See All


Mit 0 von 5 Sternen bewertet.
Noch keine Ratings

Rating hinzufügen
bottom of page